For more information about becoming a LION HEART Coach and/or Player, please contact Michael Gilbert via the contact form on this site.
As a Lion Heart Player, I will Commit:
- To be a servant leader who models character and integrity in my actions and words;
- To selflessly put the best interests of my team first;
- To acknowledge my role as a student of the game therefore respecting my coaches and obeying their instruction;
- When necessary seek advice and guidance from my coaches and teammates to help me perform my role on the team to the best of my ability;
- To always use good sportsmanship (by respecting the game, teammates, coaches, opponents, and officials)…especially during bad times.
- To have the strength to face weakness, the courage to face fear, the grace to accept honest defeat, and the humility and gentleness to accept victory;
- To having dreams and setting goals;
- To play with all of my heart while using my God given abilities to be my very best;
- To be a student of the game and prepared to learn proper technique and execution for any and all positions requiring my gifts on the team;
- To praise teammates for playing to their ability, not for being the best player, and to reserve serious criticism privately;
- To having fun;
- After I have worked hard to accomplish all these things, I pray, for the wisdom to step back out of the limelight so that the world only see’s me as a member of my team where my gifts are but part of the path that led to the building of a Champion.
I sign my name below and commit to my family, my teammates and coaches, the parents and opposing teams that I will strive to adhere to the foregoing, and strive to be a servant leader and a Lion Heart Player.