For more information about becoming a LION HEART Coach and/or Player, please contact Michael Gilbert via the contact form on this site.
As a Lion Heart Coach, I will Commit:
- To be a servant leader who models character and integrity in my actions and words;
- To selflessly put the best interests of my players and team first;
- To acknowledge my role as a teacher and mentor to my players;
- When necessary, to seek advice and guidance from other coaches to help me perform my role of Coach to the best of my ability;
- To model and teach my players good sportsmanship (how to respect the game, teammates, coaches, opponents, and officials.) . . . especially during bad times;
- To encourage the strength to face weakness, the courage to face fear, the grace to accept honest defeat, and the humility and gentleness to accept victory;
- To model for my players the value of having dreams and setting goals;
- To encourage my players to play with all of their heart and to the best of their God -given abilities;
- To be a student of the game and prepared to instruct my Players in proper technique and execution;
- To praise players for playing to their ability, not for being the best player, and to reserve serious criticism privately;
- To encourage fellowship and fun among the players, coaches and parents;
- After all these things are theirs, add for me, I pray, the wisdom to step back out of the limelight so that they may see their giftedness and the path that leads to the building of a Champion.
I sign my name below and commit to my family, my players and coaches, the parents and opposing teams that I will strive to adhere to the foregoing, and strive to be a servant leader and a Lion Heart Coach.